Monday, August 4, 2008

Long time, no see

Well, it's been a while. Long story short, there's been some writer and cooking block. This is not to say that I have not been cooking, just that I haven't felt like putting it into words.

Lately I have been working on some ideas for a restaurant of some persuasion. I haven't gotten beyond the nebulous "I have several ideas". This blog has received a facelift, to match my new look too. It's going to become my sounding block for different culinary ideas, as well as a place to test out the recipes I develop. Who knows, maybe some day I'll make it big.

So, bare bones ideas.

  • Good food, good price, good atmosphere
  • New takes on old favorites (chocolate chip cookie creme brulee)
  • Sustainable, renewable sources for food and energy
  • Organic, healthy treats that still leave you satisfied
So, lots of things to focus on - including a dish I didn't develop myself, but helped with. I like to call it Chicken Curry Pasta - it's a cream-based pasta sauce made with Garam Masala curry powder and served with organic whole wheat pasta (trust me, the wheat texture blends perfectly with the sauce in a way bleached pasta could not). Maybe some garlic naan bread with it to give it an Indian touch with a hint of Italian influence. Keep your attention here, because there will be photos, a recipe, and a description all coming soon.

No comments: