Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving

My father hates cooking during the holidays because he can't stand turkey.  I don't have the same issue, and even buy turkey for normal meals during the year.

This year we've gotten a 10 lb turkey breast, since most of the folks we'll be feeding don't care for dark meat.

Currently the menu is as follows:
  • Roast turkey seared over hardwood charcoal
  • Chorizo cornbread stuffing
  • Cauliflower gratin
  • Garlic whipped Yukon gold potatoes
  • Cranberry sauce
  • Pumpkin ale bread
  • Chocolate pecan pie
  • Pumpkin struesel pie
This will be the first holiday where I have not served hollandaise sauce with broccoli.  But I'm trying to develop my own holiday traditions while still incorporating my family favorites.  Hopefully photos will be posted Friday.

No comments: